Friday, September 5, 2008

Uh....

It's been a little bit since I've posted about the show, but that doesn't mean we're not working on it.  In fact, we're making a dash to the finish line with 10 of 13 shows shot and some big field pieces to shoot next week.  It's been a tremendous experience and I can't wait to share it with you.

If you spend enough time watching yourself on TV, you really start to critique your every movement and noise.  Back in my high school debate years, I used to pride myself on my ability to run my mouth without the use of filler noises like "uh".  Somehow I've picked up the "uh" bug and it's driving me insane to hear it.  I don't script the show per se, so much of (or most of) my monologue is stream of consciousness, a bit of thinking aloud as I go through the preparation.  I'm a bit like William Shatner in my delivery, pausing as I speak not only for effect, but to take just a second to capture the correct word from my head.  Of course hindsight is 20/20, and there's not much I would change about the show, but the "uh"s need to stop.  Perhaps we can rig up some sort of electro-shock system to cure me of the affliction.  If I can beat cancer, I can sure as hell rid myself of the dreaded "uh".

Much to do!  More fun photos and videos soon,

Gesundheit!

Hans

No comments: